New West Strategies, LLC (NWS) was founded in 2009 by Senator Larry E. Craig and Michael O. Ware. Senator Craig and Mr. Ware have combined over sixty years of experience in federal and state government service and politics. This experience brings to NWS a thorough understanding of the intricacies involved in advocating for their clients' and achieving their clients goals, with experience and involvement
in arenas such as;
- United States Senate - 18 years, Senator Larry Craig (Ret)
- United States House of Representatives - 10 years, Senator Larry Craig (Ret)
- Senate House Appropriations Committee - Sub-Committee Chairman - Senator Craig (Ret)
- Senate Energy Committee - Senior Member - Senator Craig (Ret)
- Senate Veterans Affairs Committee - Chairman-Senator Craig (Ret)
- Federal Energy Administration - Director, House Liaison - Mr. Ware
- Aide - United States House of Representatives - Mr. Ware
- House and Senate Republican Steering Committees - Mr. Ware
- Private Industry - Director, Congressional Affairs/Nat. Asso. of Manufacturers and Manager,
Congressional Affairs/Conoco - Mr. Ware
The expertise and guidance NWS offers its clients is both comprehensive and extensive. Together, the Principals, Senator Larry Craig and Mr. Michael Ware, bring a partnership of vast experience and success to New West Strategies.
The NWS portfolio is enhanced by its affiliation with National Environmental Strategies (NES), an environmental consulting firm. For almost 20 years, NES has provided counsel on a broad range of federal environmental, regulatory and legislative issues. Their counsel has been within the White House, OMB, EPA, DOE, Interior and other related agencies and bureaus. Clients of NWS have direct access to these advocacy specialists should the need arise. This relationship, along with the range of experience of Senator Craig and Mr. Ware, provides our clients a complete package of resources at all levels of government: Federal, State, Executive and Legislative branches nationwide.